Focaccia alla pugliese - South italian pizza

Some weeks ago I saw a tv show setted in South Italy. People in the show visited farms and little towns and when it was midday, they started to eat typical local products. Among those foods, focaccia alla pugliese stood out!

It is made of few natural products, it is healthy and above all it tastes so good!!! So I decided to bake it at home last weekend. It had been a very nice afternoon, my daughter helped in decorating it and all the family came for dinner to have a slice of this kind of pizza.

Ingredients:

  • 250 g all purpose flour
  • 250 g durum wheat flour
  • 2 potatoes (boiled)
  • pachino tomatoes
  • olive oil
  • olives (we preferred the black ones)
  • oregano (we pick some fresh from our plants)
  • salt
  • 1 cube of brewer's yeast .
Mix together the yeast with some lukewarm water in a glass.

Squash the boiled potatoes.

Mix the flours, the potatoes, the yeast together. Add water and some olive oil. Work until you have a smooth dought.



Let it rest for two hours.


Put it in a baking pan, previously oiled, and decorate with olives and half pachino tomatoes. I didn't have them, so I used other tomatoes, but they had so much juice inside that I had to bake my focaccia for a very long time!!!

Spread over oregano Leaves and some salt.


Bake in oven at 200 degrees for 30-40 minutes.







Share:

0 commenti